12.06.2012

December Blog Hop

Happy Holidays! I can't believe that it's already December. The 70 degree weather here in the Land of Oz has made it even harder to believe, but I'm not complaining. I still haven't found my gloves, so the cold can stay away just a little bit longer!

I love making holiday projects. My card is one I designed for our club meeting last month. I had told them we would do either a card or a gift card holder; at the last minute I decided to make it both! I love the versatility of the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper stack. (Preview: there's a new stack coming out in the Spring Catalog!)
My initial card was the middle left. During the club demonstration, I made the on the middle right. The others were made by some of my club members.
Supplies used:
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake
DSP: Festival of Prints
Stamp sets: Scentsational Season, Curly Cute
Ink: Early Espresso, VersaMark, Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade
Tools: Big Shot, Holiday Collection Framelits, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Trimmer, Simply Scored, Bone Folder, Heat Tool
Adhesive: SNAIL, Tombow
Other: Cherry Cobbler and Sparkling Silver Dazzling Details, various embossing powders

Inside view
My 3-D project is actually one that I made to sell. Some local crafters and I got together and opened our own Little Shop of Treasures holiday shop 2 years ago. We had a lot of fun doing this. I had found this idea from another demonstrator on our exclusive demonstrator website.
This is definitely a great way to dress up candy cane treats for the holidays.
Supplies used:
Punches: Curly Label, Word Window, Boho Blossom
Markers: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Adhesive: Glue Stick
Embellishments: Metallic Brads

I hope you enjoyed my projects. It means a lot that you took the time to stop by and check them out! Click that Next button below to head on over to Kim's always-fabulous blog! Make sure to keep hopping around; you'll see some new faces this month. Our blog has always had tremendous talent, and we've added much more this month. You don't want to miss Justin's blog. He posts a new card every morning for us demonstrators to see and every single card is drool worthy!


Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Shellie G. of Creative Electica
  2. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  3. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  4. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps-A-Lot
  5. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  6. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  7. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  8. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  9. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  10. Terry B of Goin' Over the Edge
  11. Justin K of JK Cards
  12. Heidi B of Stuck on Stampin'
  13. Jennifer B of NW Stamper


13 comments:

  1. TY for sharing both inside and outside of the card so I can get a better idea! They look awesome - Pam W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the gift card fits in your holder. It leaves lots of room for a sentiment and personal note. Merry Christmas!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute projects! I am always looking for new ideas for gift cards so thank you for sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute projects! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for some awesome creative inspiration!!! Adorable projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! Super cute gift card holders! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dressing up the candy canes are adorable! And how smart to make the versatile card/giftcard! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love the little santa toppers for the mini candy canes. They are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh...what a great idea for the card to include a gift card. Love that little space where the gift card goes. Fun designs! The cute little mini Snowman candy canes are so sweet!

    ~Heidi at stuckongstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful gift card design!! And what a brilliant idea to add a toppper to regular 'ol candy cane! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute projects this month! I love them. Great idea for a giftcard holder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute snowman toppers for the candycanes!!! And I love the giftcard holders....what a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, cool idea. I love those gift card holders. I haven't seen ones that that before but they look super cool and fun to make.

    ReplyDelete