3.07.2013

March Blog Hop


Welcome to our March edition of the Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop! Spring is my favorite time of year; I just hope the best parts of it get here soon. Seeing all of the flowers in bloom and everything getting green always bring a smile to my face. Even though I don't run like I used to, walking outside on a crisp, spring day and taking a deep breath takes me back to my track days and I think, "today's a good running day."

As always this card did not end up like I had envisioned it, but I was very happy with the outcome. This would make a great happy spring card to brighten someone's day; or a congratulations card for a growing family.

The most exciting thing about this card for me is that it's my FIRST hybrid project! I've been a My Digital Studio junkie since it came out in 2009 but I've always just used it for scrapbooks or flyers and gift certificates for my businesses.

Supplies used:
Card stock: Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette
DSP: Sunshine & Sprinkles
Stamp set: Secret Garden
Ink: Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Big Shot, Secret Garden Framelits, Designer Vintage Faceted buttons, Melon Mambo Striped Organdy ribbon
Adhesive: Glue Dots, Snail, Stampin' Dimensionals
My Digital Studio 2
Love Birds Alphabets and Numbers-grow digital stamp brush set in Pacific Point


I hope that you have enjoyed my card and it made you smile and inspired you to get to your craft room and make something bright! Please leave a comment; we love to hear what you think of our projects! Then, hop on over to Pamela's blog using the Next button. If you get lost on the hop or want to go back to a specific blog, the list of participants is available to you for just that reason!

Happy Spring Stamping!




Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Shellie G. of Craft Smashup
  2. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  3. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps-A-Lot
  4. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  5. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  6. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  7. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  8. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  9. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  10. Heidi B of Stuck on Stampin'
  11. Jennifer B of NW Stamper
  12. Bree of Craft-somnia
  13. Diana E of Stampin' Fun with Diana

7 comments:

  1. Great job on your first Hybrid card! I love the sentiment and flowers for a new addition card. I am not sure how you envisioned the card but I think what you came up with is lovely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! And you did a wonderful job on your first Hybrid card :) The flowers go along perfectly with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card.Every time I go through them mini and convince myself that I don't need whatever particular set people like you come along and change my mind. :)
    Darn enablers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!! I have yet to get ink on this set and Ive had it for over a month. I need to use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful Darcy, love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your hybrid card! I have yet to try it but you have inspired me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute, cute card! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete