7.12.2016

Lighting Up Summer


Hello! It's time for another Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop and this month we're focusing on all things summer! Our guidelines were wide open for projects to share. We could focus on summer-inspired, scrapbooking summer vacation pictures, or a project to do with kids while they are home for the summer. You'll have to hop along through everyone to see what they chose to share today!

As you hop along, please leave some love on each blog. We love to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop #3 ~ Cheryl from Create with Cheryl. If you get off track, or a next button happens to not work, you'll find the entire hop list at the bottom of this post.

Now that we've got the business out of the way, let's move on to the main event!

Growing up on the farm, one of my favorite things about summer was catching lightning bugs (as we call them here in Kansas). Without street lights, they were easy to see. My parents had a "special" canning jar that I used to catch them in; which basically was one we never used for food, and they used an ice pick to poke holes in the lid. I would pull some grass to put in the bottom, fill the jar with lightning bugs, and keep them in my room. They weren't near as fun to watch the next morning when you couldn't see them light up! That's when I'd release them back in to their habitat.


I actually bought the Jar of Love stamp set because in my opinion it's a little bit country, just like me. I didn't realize that it had these great bugs in with it! Besides being the perfect set to use on my summer-inspired card, the best part is that the coordinating Everyday Jars framelits have the lightning bug framelit so you don't have to fussy cut!

The Serene Scenery designer series paper made the perfect background for a night sky, as well as the "blanket" that my jar is sitting on. The jar lid is embossed with Copper embossing powder. Aren't those Metallic Enamel Shapes perfect for creating a starry night?

Thanks for stopping by and sharing in a wonderful childhood memory with me! Please share your favorite childhood memory in the comments below and then head over to see what Diana has created by using that Next button!


Blog Hop Participant List:
    1. Tobe at The Craft Sea
    2. Jennifer at Jenny G Paper Stamps
    3. Cheryl at Create with Cheryl
    4. Darcy at Dj's Stampin' Place
    5. Diana at Stampin' Fun with Diana
    6. Pamela at Stinky Tofu
    7. Jen at Faith. Grace. Stamp.

    5 comments:

    1. Cute!! We don't have fire flies in Hawaii & I didn't think they were real until I went to Ohio many years ago & ran around catching them! The jar is adorable & I can't wait to play around with it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. To think of what I'd miss if I didn't live in the Midwest!

        Delete
    2. Cute card. I especially like the copper lid.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh gracious I love this set! Fantastic job on your card!

      ReplyDelete