2.18.2014

Happy Moments

This card means more to me than most all of the ones I've made in the last year combined. One of my oldest and dearest friends & her husband have been trying to adopt for a number of years. Recently their prayers were answered.


I wanted to color block with Wisteria Wonder, Pink Pirouette, and So Saffron. I was going to use Smoky Slate for the solid layer. Then I thought, "hey, why don't I step it up by using a layer of Eastern Elegance DSP instead?" The lamb is from Storybook Friends. The star and greeting are both from a retired set, By Ones & By Twos. It was available in a spring mini catalog several years ago and I bought it right before it retired because I knew that someday my friend would adopt and I wanted to have it when she did.

If you like the saying, there is a current set, Cuddles & Kisses; that has the same greeting in it. It's in a really cute font too!

Thanks for stopping by today to share in one of the happiest moments in my friends' lives. Stop in tomorrow to see the box I created for another special gift.

Supplies used:
  Cardstock: Whisper White, So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder, Pink Pirouette
  Designer Series Paper: Eastern Elegance
  Stamp sets: By Ones & By Twos (retired), Storybook Friends
  Ink: So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder, Smoky Slate
  Framelits: Hearts Collection
  Tools: Paper Trimmer, Simply Scored, Bone Folder, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform
  Adhesive: SNAIL
  Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Smoky Slate

No comments:

Post a Comment