8.05.2014

Technique Tuesday

Have you ever tried stamping with an embossing folder? That is our featured technique today at SSINK.

I used two different embossing folders today in different ways.


First, I used the Polka Dot Embossing Folder on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. Next, I took the Love stamp from Groovy Love and stamped it in the debossed areas. I rotated using Lost Lagoon and Soft Sky for my diagonal rows. This created a striking background.

Next I inked up a small section of the raised side of the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder with Lost Lagoon ink. Quickly, I inked up one of the Work of Art splashes with Soft Sky ink. Then I used the kissing technique and stamped the splash stamp on the embossing folder to pick up the Lost Lagoon polka dots. Huffing slightly on to my stamp to make sure all the ink was moist, I then stamped this image on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. This carried through the polka dot theme, while creating a subtle background for the "Boom-Boom" sentiment; which was stamped in Blackberry Bliss.

Finally, I stamped the polka dot heart from Groovy Love on Soft Sky cardstock using Lost Lagoon ink. I punched it out with the coordinating Sweetheart punch. The heart is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The card base is Soft Sky, and the layer pieces are Blackberry Bliss. Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, and Soft Sky are very pretty together.

2 comments:

  1. Darcy~ i think this might be one of my favorites you have done recently. Stamping elements within the embossing folder design is a great idea. Makes me wish i had more stamps that would fit inside the spaces of my embossing folders. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Shellie! Little stamps freak me out, but I may have to buy more of them just for this reason!

      Delete