1.25.2016

#SSINKMC29: Mystery Challenge


I believe that this is the first one of our Mystery Challenges I've actually participated in since we started them last summer! Shame on me! It was so fun and definitely a challenge. You should play along with us at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration!

I managed to use 5 of the 6 challenge elements on my card.


I started with Hearts (1). There are heart shaped balloons in the Balloon Builder stamp set which is in the 2016 Occasions catalog. I stamped one in each of the challenge colors (2): Bermuda Bay, Wild Wasabi, and Watermelon Wonder. Next I outlined them with Dazzling Details for a Glitter (3) element. Once that was dry, I cut them out using my Paper Snips

The card base is a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Watermelon Wonder card stock scored and folded at 5-1/2". I layered a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Wild Wasabi embossed with the Lucky Stars embossing folder (4a). Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" and embossed the bottom with one of the folders from Fun Frames (4b). I stamped Happy Birthday (5) from the Balloon Builders stamp set in Watermelon Wonder and added two Bermuda Bay Candy Dots.

I didn't want a stark difference in my layers, which I feel happens with Whisper White, so I sponged some Wild Wasabi ink around the edges in hopes to blend the layers a bit. I added my balloons and there you have my challenge card!

There are some super adorable cards from the design team today. Check them out and play along with us!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment