1.02.2016

The Countdown Continues


Good afternoon! The countdown continues at SSINKspiration. The Occasions catalog and Sale-A-Bration starts in four days! If you missed my post yesterday, make sure to check out my Sunburst Sayings projects.

Let's have some Bear Hugs today!


This set is super fabulous and very versatile. It has greetings for Mom, Dad, Baby, and more!

Now for the close ups.


The honey pots, bear, and flowers are all from the Bear Hugs stamp set. There are coordinating Bear Hugs framelits too! The Dream Big is from Enjoy The Little Things. All of these items are available in the Occasions catalog.

The Honey Pot is stamped on Hello Honey card stock with Early Espresso ink. I colored the honey with the Hello Honey marker for some extra detail. I colored in the flowers and bear features with Stampin' Write Markers. The bear and the background are all on Shimmery White card stock, which works great with our markers, and gives an extra shimmer.

Up next.


This one I made with my mom in mind. Her favorite color is green. The background is Botanical Gardens Washi Tape on a layer of Very Vanilla card stock. Once I stamped and cut out the mama bear, I stamped her again on the back so that I could score and fold her arms and make it look like she was hugging her baby. I did stamp the baby on the other side, but if she hugged him with him facing front, it looked like she was trying to cover his face.

And finally.


This set will be easy to use for masculine cards as well. I used Watercolor card stock with Marina Mist for the pond, and Daffodil Delight for the sun. The fish, the saying, and the hat all also come in the Bear Hugs set. The tree is from Happy Home, another new set in the Occasions catalog. I used markers to color just the area of it I wanted to stamp with.

The layer behind is another pattern from the Going Places DSP stack that mentioned yesterday on my Thanks card.

I also recommend getting Bear Hugs in the Wood-mount as there are many smaller images that will lend themselves to crisper images with the wood. Bundle Bear Hugs in Wood-mount with the Bear Hugs framelits, and not only will you save 15%, but with a price point of $48.25 you just need to add one other item and you will qualify for your choice of a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my Bear Hugs as much as I enjoyed making them. Please visit SSINK and see what new products the other designers are featuring today!

No comments:

Post a Comment