9.13.2013

It's Framelits Friday!


I'm excited for many reasons today. It's my last day of work before vacation! Normally I'm not a big "take a week of vacation" sort of girl, but I'm looking forward to hanging with the hubby for a week with no plans. If we want to stay home, great; if we decide to drive somewhere, great! The other reason I'm excited is that it's Framelits Friday over at SSInkspiration!

I got the inspiration for this card from a recent copy of Stampin' Success, a publication that Stampin' Up! mails to demonstrators every other month, with business tips, ideas, and more! I loved how the artist had used the framelits to "frame" her focal point.



In the catalog, the Tape It set didn't catch my eye. However, I kept seeing cute projects with it, and knew I had to have it. Instead of using DSP for my pattern, I knew the Tape It set would make a great focal point. I used the Stamp-a-majig to line up the images so they didn't overlap or have a big gap between them. I used the Labels Collection framelits to make my frame. 

I used the thank you from A Round Array stamp set. Of course, I had to use the butterfly from Papillon Potpourri. (Remember, you can get Papillon Potpourri and the Bitty Butterfly punch for 15% off this month only!) As I don't have the Elegant Butterfly punch that coordinates with the larger butterfly, I "fussy" cut it with my Paper Snips. The snips made it really easy and quick to cut out. 

I felt the card needed a little something else, so I wanted to add some baker's twine. Listen to the voice of experience, reinkers in the spritzers without rubbing alcohol mixed in is a bad idea. Even just mixing with water doesn't work the best. I will say that I love the outcome, but I made a mess of myself that day at the scrapbooking crop! (My knees looked like they had chicken pox). 

Colors used: Cajun Craze, Wild Wasabi, and Summer Starfruit, Soft Suede.

Here's your last bit of Friday humor. My adorable {read: pure evil} cat Abby decided that she wanted to try to eat the butterfly before I took the picture. Thankfully I caught her before she left teeth marks. 
It's a good thing she's cute!

Be sure to check out the fabulous framelit inspiration the other ladies have provided us with today as well over at SSInkspiration! There are some over the top cute ones today!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the framelits... great idea! I wish I had 24 hours a day to play with my stuff! LOL

    ReplyDelete