9.27.2013

Friday Favorites


It's Friday, time to celebrate! That also means I made it through my first week back from vacation; which isn't hard. I love my job and have a great group of coworkers!

Friday Favorites over at Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration mean that we're supposed to share our current favorite. It can be a product, technique, etc.

I bet you can't guess what my favorite product is right now.



Did you say glitter? Well you are half right. Heat and Stick Powder is the other half of the answer.

I have a small confession here. I know that I bought the Heat & Stick Powder in my first year as a demo because we had flocking and I got it to use with the flocking. I never used it! I've had this same container of Heat and Stick Powder for approximately 9 years. I had no idea if it would work, but I wanted glittery snowflakes, so I thought, "hey, I'll try it." It still works! That is proof of Stampin' Up!'s quality products right there!

If you've never used the Heat & Stick Powder, or are wondering what I'm talking about, here are the details and some tips. It is a powder adhesive that becomes sticky when heated to hold your glitter.
Stamp your image in Versamark, apply the Heat & Stick just like other embossing powders. Shake of the excess. Heat with Heat Tool just until it starts to "melt." Sprinkle glitter on. Shake off excess glitter (carefully! It's glitter, it goes everywhere!). Heat again to set. After it cools, you can brush off the rogue specks of glitter still hanging around.
I strongly recommend used the Embossing Buddy on your cardstock prior to stamping. Otherwise you will end up with rogue Heat & Stick and glitter stuck in places you don't want them.

Here's my challenge to you for the weekend: Pull out a product that you've bought and never used and make a fabulous project with it! Also, don't forget to check out what other fabulous creations the other designers have for us today!

2 comments:

  1. Great cards! I love anything with glitter and you did a great job of blinging all of your cards up :-)

    ReplyDelete