2.10.2014

Card Sketch


Do you struggle with creating using a card sketch? Sometimes they are harder for me than starting with a blank canvas. Thankfully that was not the case this month! I was instantly inspired when I saw this month's sketch.


My order arrived last week with many fun new products that I couldn't wait to get my hands on. However, since I started working full time last week, I had to wait until the weekend to get inky!


I knew that the birthday greeting from Another Great Year would be perfect in the open space. Initially, I was going to use three of the small Starburst cut-outs in the upper right corner for the banner, but it just didn't look right. So I edited it a little bit.

I had so much fun with Pink Pirouette last week for our color challenge, that I wanted to use it again this week. I grabbed the Color Coach for inspiration for my other colors. It recommended Pool Party and Crumb Cake. Perfect! I used Crumb Cake to stamp the greeting on Pink Pirouette. The rest of the layers feature Tone-on-Tone stamping. (i.e.-Pool Party on Pool Party and Crumb Cake on Crumb Cake) The Celebrate banners across the top are "fussy" cut from one of the stamps from Starburst Sayings.

If today's sketch INKspires you to create, please link up with the post this week at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration.

Another Great Year

Perfect Pennants

Starburst Sayings Framelits Bundle

Gold Baker's Twine

Other supplies used:
  Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party
  Ink: Crumb Cake, Pool Party
  Tools: Paper Trimmer, Simply Scored, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform
  Adhesive: SNAIL, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

13 comments:

  1. Great color combo! I love your take on the sketch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun take on the sketch! I love the cute little celebrate banners and cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute birthday card! I love that cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the cupcake is my favorite part!

      Delete
  4. Very nice... love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun card for a birthday! Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute card. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun take on the sketch, so cute!

    ReplyDelete