1.31.2014

Friday Favorite


This is the last card that I made at the scrapbooking crop two weeks ago. It was definitely my favorite and one of those that just makes me smile everytime I see it.

Typically I start designing a card by picking which stamp set I want to use. However, this time I started with just the piece of Designer Series Paper from the Fresh Prints DSP Stack. (It's so cute!) From there I just started pulling cardstock and ribbon colors that inspired to me. Once I had that all assembled, then I had to stare at the card for awhile to decided what to stamp.


I narrowed it down to the Best of Birthdays set, which is only available to purchase until March 31st. My table-mate at the crop said the card was making her think of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, so she agreed that the cupcake would be a good choice. I decided to grab my Blender Pen and color in the image for some extra pizazz.

A little trick I did with the ribbon to save on how much I used: I used Sticky Strip to glue a piece just across the front. Then I pulled some away from the spool and tied a bow with the ribbon still attached to the spool. Once I had my bow how I liked it, I cut if off the spool. I fiddled with it a bit more to make it perfect and used a glue dot to attached it to the other ribbon. 

Thanks for stopping by. If you're like me, you are now headed to find some cupcakes and ice cream; or maybe just an Andes mint!

See other Friday Favorites at SSINK today!

Supplies used:
  Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Whipser White
  DSP: Fresh Prints Stack
  Stamp set: Best of Birthdays
  Ink: Early Espresso, Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana, Blushing Bride
  Marker: Blender Pen
  Framelits: Squares Collection
  Embellishments: Early Espresso 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain
  Tools: Paper Trimmer, Simply Scored, Big Shot
  Adhesive: SNAIL, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals
 

1 comment: