1.22.2014

Old & New

One of my crafting goals for this year was to use products that I hadn't pulled out in awhile. I successfully did that on this card, along with adding one of my new favorite bundles.


I used to use the Top Note die quite a bit, but once my framelit collection grew, the poor die was forgotten about in the dark cabinet. I've also had the Daffodil Delight Seam Binding since it came out and I think I've only used it once; maybe twice.

I started with a standard 5-1/2" X 8-1/2" card base in Soft Suede. I scored it at 4-1/4" to fold it in half. Next, I used the Top Note die to cut a piece of the new Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack. I put a piece of Sticky Strip on the back side of the DSP so that I could get the seam binding to stay in place while I was tying it. I used a glue dot to hold the knot down on the front.

For the corner piece, I cut a Daffodil Delight square with the Square Collection Framelits. If you label your framelits starting with the smallest as #1, I used the #3 square. Then, I used my Paper Trimmer to cut it in half.

The greeting is from Perfect Pennants, which can be purchased as a bundle with the Banners Framelits. Using the numbering system from above, I used the #3 Banner to cut out the greeting. I attached it with Stampin' Dimensionals so that the seam binding knot wasn't overshadowing the greeting.

Supplies used:
  Cardstock: Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
  DSP: Fresh Prints Stack
  Stamp set: Perfect Pennants
  Embellishments: Daffodil Delight Seam Binding
  Dies: Top Note, Banner Framelits, Square Collection Framelits
  Tools: Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Simply Scored
  Adhesive: Snail, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment