1.27.2014

Journal Fun

I am doing several different soul searching activities right now. Each one takes a slightly different approach; however they are all leading me in the same direction. One of these activities is Vision Camp 2014, which was created by one of my yoga instructors. She sends a daily email with information for us to read, process, and journal about. Often there are questions; really hard questions that make you think. It has definitely pushed me outside my comfort zone, but it's so worth it!

I had ordered the Epic Day This & That Journal when they first came out so that I would have one to show my customers. I hadn't found quite the right use for it, until now.




The journal has a chipboard cover with the hexagon pattern. You can cover it with DSP, pictures, etc; but I didn't want to lose the texture so I opted to use my ink pads and a sponge to ink it up. As you can see, all of the pages are already printed with the Epic Day patterns. While the purpose for this type of journal is more scrapbooking, I opted to use it as a traditional journal. I do love that I have the option to go back later and add pictures, etc as I see fit. It has been perfect as some of our assignments have been more abstract. It is actually much easier to read in person that it appears in the picture.

Epic Day This & That Journal
Morning Post Alphabet Stamp Set

I used Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, and Coastal Cabana to sponge the front. I also used those same colors for the letters and numbers. A shout out to fellow Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration DT member Kathy, who was sweet enough to stamp the 2014 and mail them to me so I could complete my journal. I'm kicking myself for not ordering the Morning Post Number set when it was available in the Holiday Catalog. At least I can still purchase it as a digital download!

Please stop back by tomorrow for marker inspiration and Wednesday, when I will have a fun punch art card that I made to celebrate Kansas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment