4.01.2014

Faux Poes Foes

Ok, so if you're not a Gilmore Girls nut like I am, you won't get the title of today's post. What you will get though is that it's Tuesday and I have a fabulous technique for you! It's Faux Leather!


I wrote a tutorial with step by step instructions on achieving this technique. You can find it at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration. Here's a hint: Masking Tape.

My pointer for assembling this card is to use Sticky Strip! Once you've embossed over the masking tape, it's hard to burnish over the top to get the SNAIL to really stick. Also, if you are gluing layers on top of the faux leather, use Sticky Strip. Anything else won't stick as well!

Here are some different color and tape variations for you:

 Soft Suede ink
Even though I tried to vary my tape, it all kind of ended up going in the same direction.

Old Olive ink
I went a little crazier with the tape on this one. Big pieces, small pieces, random areas. 

Early Espresso ink
Straight lines of tape barely overlapping. Didn't create wow factor in my opinion. 

Crisp Cantaloupe ink
I attempted to do intentional creasing and dimpling on the tape for this one; which is harder to do intentionally. Personally not crazy about the tape or how the lighter color turned out in this one. 

Overall, I think you just need to play with the tape to see how you like it best. The darker colors do seem to work better than the lighter ones. 


2 comments: