4.08.2014

Tons of Techniques for Tuesday

Ok, so maybe not TONS of techniques, but I've got a few of them for you today!

Here is the card I made for today:


Two of the techniques are on the cat image. The first is Omitting Stamping. The cat image from Storybook Friends also has a ball of yarn and the word 'friends' under it. I used a Stampin' Write Marker to only ink up the portion of the stamp that I wanted to stamp.

The next technique is Watercoloring. I pushed on the lid of the closed So Saffron ink pad to create a pool of ink on the inside of the lid. Then I used a Blender Pen to pick up a little of that ink and colored in the cute little kitty.

I used the Fussy-cutting technique on the 'hello' greeting. Fussy-cutting refers to cutting an image out by hand with a pair of Paper Snips so that you can get right up against the edge of the image.

The next to last technique is creating your own background with tone-on-tone stamping. I stamped the ink splotches from Gorgeous Grunge on Calypso Coral cardstock with Calypso Coral ink. I didn't realize until after I had stamped the background that the image kind of looks like messy paw prints walking around the card!

For the last technique, you will have to visit Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration to find my tutorial for the Folded Frame.

I would have never paired Real Red with Calypso Coral for a card, however both colors were used in the I Am Me Designer Series Paper package. They really work well together!

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what your favorite technique was on this card.


No comments:

Post a Comment