5.31.2015

New Catalog Countdown: Tip Top Taupe


My first thought when I saw this color was, "it's taupe." Believe it or not, it is quickly becoming one of my favorite colors. It pairs so well with everything. Once you're done checking out my favorite card that I've made this week, click on the countdown image header at the Tip Top of this post and see more Taupe-y inspiration from the SSINKspiration Design Team. 

My inspiration for this card came from a huge event held in our little town yesterday. It's a little bike race called the Dirty Kanza 200 (#DK200). The cyclists ride 200 miles of gravel through the Flint Hills of Kansas. If you think Kansas is flat; it's not all flat. In the past parts of the course have gone through farmer's fields, across cattle guards, and through creeks. We've gotten a little rain (the river is 7.5 feet above flood stage) lately here as well. 

While I know that I myself could never ride the 200 mile race; it is a huge inspiration to sit at the block party and cheer the riders across the finish line (some of them finish in 12-13 hours!). I have a great amount of respect for them. You can see the accomplishment and pride in their face when they are riding that last little stretch. 

Tip Top Taupe created the perfect bicycle to represent what 200 miles of Kansas gravel after the rains of May will make a bike look like! Plus, after 200 miles of Kansas sun; you need a shade tree to sit under. These riders definitely warm my heart every year. 


  • Tip Top Taupe card base - 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" - scored at 4-1/4"
  • Hello Honey layer - 4-1/4" square
  • Tip Top Taupe layer - 4" square
  • Very Vanilla layer - 3-3/4" square
  • Sheltering Tree stamp set
  • Tip Top Taupe ink
  • Garden Green ink
  • Tip Top Taupe Lace Trim
The DK pint glass was made by the ceramics teacher at our local university. She used stamps for the imprint on the clay, so I thought I'd show it off with my card today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment