6.06.2014

Wedding Card & Gift

My wedding card and matching gift box feature new colors and the Envelope Punch Board.


I hope that I have a wedding to go to soon that has this color scheme because it's so pretty, and then I have my card and gift already made!

The card features Blackberry Bliss, Champagne Glimmer Paper (it's on sale today!) and the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack. The "Mr. & Mrs." is from Label Love and then punched out with the coordinating Artisan Label punch.



I've been giving a lot of gift cards lately, and thought it would be more fun to give it in a gift box than just in the card. To make the gift box I took a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock cut to 5"x7" and scored it at 1-1/2" on each side. Next, I used another piece of the Moonlight DSP cut to 4"x6" and scored it at 1" on all sides. Grabbing the Envelope Punch Board, I punched each corner at 1", flipped the paper over and repeated the process. Next I cut along the short score lines on two sides of the box and lid places to make flaps. I put some Fast Fuse on the flaps and folded and glued together.
The lid will slid over the box if you hold your tongue just right and maneuver the cardstock just right.

This box will hold a gift card!


The inspiration for the box came from the 2014-2015 Annual Catalog. On page 15, you will find many different ideas for dressing up your packaging. I tied the ribbon around the box with a bow. Then I made a separate "free-standing" bow and glued it on top of the first bow with a glue dot.


Head on over to SSINK to find other wedding surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment