7.14.2013

Swap Breakdown Day 1- Punch Art

Since I am a punch art newbie, I was excited to join this group to get some new ideas. The closer it came to the deadline of having to mail the swaps, the more panicked I got about what I should make. (This was the last swap I made) There are so many fabulous punch art ideas out there, but I really wanted to try and come up with an original design, as part of my reason for joining the swap was to challenge myself.

In the end, I kept it REALLY simple; but it's easy to duplicate! Each butterfly took one Pansy Punch, and then I cut off two petals for each side. I used my scrap petal to match up when I cut the others, so that I'd always be using the same wing shapes. I then cut about one-fourth of the Word Window Punch off for its body.

Supplies used can be found here

For awhile I was referring to this as my "sad little punch art," but I do have to say that I'm pretty pleased for my initial punch art creation. I can't wait to use this little guy on a card, and maybe use the Tangerine Tango marker on his wings to give him some extra color.

No comments:

Post a Comment