7.21.2013

Swap Breakdown Day 8- Any Occasion Card

As with the card I posted yesterday, this card also had the challenge of only using Basic Black and any one of the 2013-2015 In Colors.
Since my other one had been heavy to mail, and a little more labor intensive, I wanted this one to be quick to teach and easy to replicate.

Supply list can be found here

Of course I turned to Strawberry Slush. What girl doesn't like pink and black together? I love the new Flower Shop stamp set and coordinating Pansy punch; and what's better is that you save 15% when you buy them as a bundle!
Obviously Strawberry Slush stamped on Basic Black wasn't going to work, so it was pretty easy to decide what to stamp. I love this flower image, and refer to it as the grunge flower. (Coming of age in the 90s, I'll probably always be a little "grungy.")
I added the polka dot embossing on the background for extra texture; and used my creative license to add the washi tape since it does have black in it. I thought I'd soften the hard edge feel of the card with a little bling; and the jumbo rhinestones fit perfectly in the middle of these flowers.

I left a greeting off so that this card truly can be used for any occasion.

Hopefully, this inspired you to challenge yourself to create with only two colors. If so, please link to your creation below.

No comments:

Post a Comment