7.15.2013

Swap Breakdown Day 2- WOW! Card

As with the punch art, I was over-thinking this card a lot when I was trying to design it. So I headed to Pinterest in hopes of finding a wow project for inspiration. I struck gold with this pin.

There were minimal instructions on the blog post so I had to figure it out with just a little trial and error.
The card was relatively simple for as complicated as it looks.

You score straight lines at 3 inches on all four sides of your 12 x 12 cardstock. Then grab the Simply Scored Diagonal Scoring Plate and put it on top of your Simply Scored. Score diagonally at 6 and 9 inches on all four sides. Looking at these pictures should help you figure out which ways to fold on the score marks to make it come together. Here's a hint: Valley Folds on all the straight score lines and Mountain Folds on all the diagonal score lines.

Supplies used can be found here






I love the Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper that is brand new this year (and through the end of July it's Buy 3, Get 1 Free). I picked these two patterns that weren't too hard on the eyes when folded together. I liked the idea of only putting the DSP on the triangles you would see when it was folded and thought the black cardstock made a nice contrast when it was open. My alma mater's colors are black and gold, so I kept thinking, "Go Hornets!" each time I looked at the card open. I cut the DSP in 3x3 (actually just a smidge under) and then cut them in half diagonally. You will notice that I was a little AR with the Daffodil Delight pattern and made sure that all the lines were going in the same direction when it was folded.
I wanted to add a lighter piece in the middle for a personal message. Using the tone on tone stamping with the Swallowtail allows for the message to be written right over the top of the stamped image. The middle piece of cardstock was cut at 5 1/2x5 1/2.

I plan to offer this as a product-based class in the near future, which will come with a video tutorial, along with the DSP and cardstock. Please let me know if you'd like to participate!

I'd love to see your own rendition of this WOW! card. Feel free to link to your own below.

No comments:

Post a Comment