7.18.2013

Swap Breakdown Day 5- Card Candy

This was my first time every making "card candy" so I had to go searching to see what I had signed up for! Ok, technically I had made card candy on a card, but I didn't realize it!

Card candy assortments such as these would make great gifts for that crafty person in your life that stays busy!

When I started designing the card candy, I went to the web and searched for the hot wedding color trends for this year. Sadly, I can't remember exactly what I searched, and my laptop crashed over the weekend, so I can't get to the history to see the website. I had really wanted to share the link with you here.

I'll do a breakdown of each candy here because I had a lot of fun making some of them. Also, you'll notice a difference in my pictures. I apologize for that. Since the Great Laptop Crash of 2013, I currently don't have access to MDS to edit my pictures with.


Supply list found here







One of this year's hot wedding colors is going to be mint green. Pistachio Pudding works quite well & pairs easily with Wisteria Wonder. I used the candy dot as a ball for the puppy and busted out my blender pens for the first time in years.





Another one of the top combinations is pink & red. I expect we'll see a lot of this around next Valentine's Day. I used one of my favorite techniques on this card candy. I used the bone folder on the Strawberry Slush to curl it to tear the fibers and separated the two layers which gave a new textured cardstock layer.






The Basic Gray & Blushing Bride combination is also great for baby girl cards.


Black & Champagne were listed as one of the popular classic color combinations.


This one ended up with a western feel, which had not been my intention for the Island Indigo. I added the paper piercing on the bottom layer for some extra texture.


I was mortified when I read that tangerine and pink were one of this year's top color combinations. The article went on to say the brighter the pink the better. I do have to admit after making this project the colors grew on me but I'm still not totally sold. This project features tone-on-tone stamping with the bottom of the cupcake and clear embossing powder on the Melon Mambo for the top half of the cupcake.


No comments:

Post a Comment