7.24.2013

Ribbon Inspiration

I received my big box of swaps Saturday afternoon! I'm pretty sure my anti-social mailman thinks I'm a little crazy now. I happened to be walking home from work & came down the sidewalk as he went up on my porch. I couldn't see the porch from where I was & I hadn't seen him with a big box, so I'm yelling down the sidewalk, "Did you have a big package for me today?" He just pointed at the porch & walked off. Delivery people just don't get our crafty excitement! 








This was one of the cards that I received from the Any Occasion Card swap. The creator didn't put her name on the card, so I don't know who to credit with making this cute card. The ribbon around the greeting really caught my eye.

I had my Stampin' Up! table set up at a local crop this last weekend. I had decided to get a head start on my Christmas cards. I knew I wanted to do more of the embossed ornaments that I had done for my card candy so that was my starting point.



I had decided on the colors already, but as I was setting the ornament down on the card, it was just missing something. I had ordered this ribbon because I'd seen it on many cute cards & I'm addicted to Baked Brown Sugar at the moment.
I grabbed the ribbon & thought I'd try to figure out how she put the ribbon around her greeting. That's when I discovered it was stretchy! I have to admit here that I feel a little bit idiotic at this point. The ribbon is actually called "3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim" but I'd never looked at its name until I came here to write this post! At any rate, I really liked the look & it reminded me of some ornaments I made with my Grandma when I was little.
As for the rest of the card, I wanted to keep it simple. I sponged Baked Brown Sugar on the Perfect Plum cardstock. The greeting is stamped in Coastal Cabana on Baked Brown Sugar. I used a Crumb Cake Designer Button on the Victoria Crochet Trim. It would also look cute with the In Color Boutique Details.
This is my vintage card with a pop of color. I hope you enjoyed & were inspired. Thanks for stopping by!













No comments:

Post a Comment