7.17.2013

Swap Breakdown Day 4- Christmas Card

I just have to say that this was my favorite card that I made for the swap. In fact, if you get a Christmas card from me this year, expect that you will probably see this one!

When making Christmas cards, I tend to go for the non-traditional colors because I'm more of an against the grain sort of girl. But I threw caution to the wind on this one and went traditional!

Supplies can be found here



The Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and coordinating Holiday Ornament framelits were released in last year's Holiday Catalog. You might notice that they are not in the current Annual Catalog, or the soon to be released Holiday Catalog. They are however on the carryover list, along with More Merry Messages, which means that you can order them anytime before 05.31.14.
I had bought the framelits last year to make the "cover ornaments," but I hadn't gotten the stamp set because I had other ornament sets. So, I borrowed this set from my downline (thanks, Steph), and well now, I HAVE TO HAVE IT! It will be going on my next order.

I wanted to do a little something extra with the embossing on this card, so I mixed the Gold and Cherry Cobbler embossing powders together in a separate container. It gave a great effect and I feel made the embossing a little more subtle.
This was the first time I'd used the Edgelits (even though I've had them for a couple years). I can't believe I haven't used them before; I love the extra detail it gave my greeting!

Do you prefer traditional or non-traditional colors when making your Christmas cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment