10.24.2013

A Painting We Will Go?

Painting? On a card? Well, not technically. But this card was lots of fun and SUPER easy!

So, our bathroom remodel is finally complete! Bathroom remodel=painting the new walls=having to buy a whole roll of painter's tape (because who knows where the last one ran off to in the last eight years)=most of a roll of tape left because our bathroom is really small.

After coat one


I know, I know. You're thinking, "What on earth does your bathroom remodel have to do with making a card?" Well...



I used Painter's Tape to "stamp" with! Have you tried it yet? If not, you press the tape (sticky side down) on to your ink pad, and then put it down on your cardstock and rub a little. Be prepared, your fingers might get a little inky if you aren't careful! I got a little heavy-handed rubbing the tape, both while it was on the ink pad and while it was on my cardstock. I was still happy with the outcome. It has a really cool texture and feel. It almost feels like paint on your card. 

When my husband's grandma asks me to make cards for her, she almost always requests sympathy cards because as she puts it, "she seems to need more and more of them these days." Sadly, I am learning where she's coming from as I seem to need more in recent months. The image and the greeting are both from the Simply Sketched set. I really like this set and feel it lends itself well to cards for the grandparent generation (and me!). 

The other supplies for this one:
Cardstock: So Saffron, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White
Ink: Pear Pizazz, Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron, Baked Brown Sugar

See what I mean when I said this was an easy card?! Plus with so few supplies, clean up was a breeze! I have a feeling since I have so much of the roll of painter's tape left, I'll be making many styles and colors of this type of card.

No comments:

Post a Comment