10.31.2013

On A Roll...It's Ribbon!


Today our focus is ribbon. I have used lots of ribbon on lots of cards over the years. I'd say it's probably my favorite embellishment. However, it was always "straight across as one of the layers." For the past year or so, I've started branching out and using it in different ways.

For instance, a ribbon wreath:



I found this idea online, and then changed it up a little bit to make it my own. I used the 1-1/4" circle and punched out a piece of cardstock. I saved that piece to use on some project later. I then took the 1-3/4" circle and punched around where I had already punched, creating a ring. Next, I cut approximately 20" of the Pistachio Pudding 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim. This ribbon is easy to work with for projects like this, and gives the wreath dimension. I wrapped the Ruffle Trim around the ring, securing it with glue dots. The knot is 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon in Raspberry Ripple. 

This was a fun card to make. I hope you enjoyed it. While I didn't have help while making it (which is surprising; especially when I dropped the spool of ribbon), I did have help as I was preparing to take the picture. 


Head over to SSINK to see some other ribbon creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment