10.02.2013

Album inspiration

Yesterday while doing my daily Facebook browsing, I saw that the Amos Lee page had posted a picture of the cover art for his new album being released next week. I was instantly inspired by the artwork and knew I had to incorporate the colors into my card for today.


I also received my Stampin' Up! order yesterday with my new Circle Card Thinlits die, so I knew I'd be making a swing card to share today.


Closed

 
Open
The Designer Series Paper that I used is from the Modern Medley package. All of the prints are Basic Black and Very Vanilla. I used the brayer and Marina Mist ink to color the paper.
What it started out as
While designing this card, I was listening to the album (you can find out how to stream it through his FB page). I thought, "hey cool, the first song is called Johnson Blvd." (my last name is Johnson) Have you ever had a song that really hits home for you? Most of Amos Lee's songs do for me, but this one I actually had to stop working and sit to just listen to it. I'll admit, I did start crying halfway through, and then had to listen to it again. It is one of those songs that make you think, "does he know my life story and just wrote a song about it?"
That is where the inspiration for the words I used from Fabulous Phrases came in to play. Aside from coloring the DSP with the brayer, my favorite part of this card is the flower in the corner. I used both the 1 1/4" and 7/8" Scallop Circle punches. You can see in the top picture that I used the paper snips to cut into each scallop on the Marina Mist piece to give it more dimension.

I hope you enjoyed my card. If you are not already an Amos Lee fan, I encourage you to check him out. Leave a comment with your favorite Amos Lee song; or any song that elicits a strong emotional reaction for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment