10.18.2013

Sweet Labels


Halloween is just around the corner, so a few of the designers at SSINKspiration wanted to give you some ideas for packaging candy for your favorite ghouls and goblins this year.

Today I used the Labels Collection framelits to package my candy bars.




To create your packaging, you will need to cut two of the labels in the same size. As in the second picture, line the second "dip" up with the cutting track on your Paper Trimmer and cut this piece off. You will do this on both framelit cut-outs. Next, place the cut edge against the left side of your Simply Scored and score at 3/4". You will do this on both pieces. The final picture shows both pieces cut and scored. Next adhere together with sticky strip by layering one flap over the other.

One great thing about the framelits, is that since you have various, nesting sizes in the collection, you can use them to create for any size project.



For the XL size Symphony bar, I used the largest size framelit. I used some of the paper from the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper package to wrap around the candy bar to dress it up. I used the third largest framelit to cut a piece of the DSP to layer on my label. 




For the "regular" size candy bar, I used the second largest framelit. To create the handle, I used the Large Oval punch. Out of the three, this one definitely stands up by itself the best.




For the fun size candy bars, I used the fourth largest framelit. To secure the top, I used a Pumpkin Pie brad from the Brights Glimmer Brads. I'm now taking bets on whether my husband will eat the other 57 fun size bars in this bag, or if we'll have some left to hand out to trick or treaters. 

As you can see, the possibilities are endless with this one for size and embellishing. I hope this has inkspired you to create some outside the box packaging for your sweet treats this year! Be sure to Pin It so you can reference it later. Clicking the Pin It button at the top will let you choose any of the pictures in this post to pin. Then head on over to SSInkspiration to check out more great ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment