10.29.2013

Put Some Sparkle In It


I'm so excited, it's finally starting to begin to look like fall outside. One of my favorite nature views is leaves changing colors on the trees.

Speaking of changing color, that was my favorite trick on my WOW! card that I have to share with you today.



Our challenge at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration today was to create a WOW! card using at least four layers. I feel that we can't ever have enough Thank You cards, especially this time of year; so I wanted to inkspire you today with one. 

The cardstock and ink colors I used today are Tangerine Tango and Soft Suede. The stamp sets are Thankful, ABC-123, and Gently Falling.

Have you figured out my color change yet? I wanted to give my card some extra sparkle, but I didn't feel that any of our glimmer paper colors (silver, red, champagne) really went with a fall themed card. So, I grabbed my silver glimmer paper, a Stampin' Spritzer and the Cajun Craze ink refill. I mixed the Cajun Craze with a little rubbing alcohol in the spritzer, and sprayed it on the glimmer paper. Voila! 

A tip when using glimmer paper: always use sticky strip to adhere your layers on top of it. That guarantees they aren't going anywhere. In this case, I also used the sticky strip to glue the glimmer paper to the Soft Suede layer, as I had saturated it pretty good when I spritzed it. 

Make sure to head over to SSINK to see the other WOW! cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment